Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,012   Online: 724

Shooter
    Large Format

Arca-style QR plate for Sinar Norma

I've just bought a new gitzo gt5531s and a photoclam multiflex, but I can't find any QR plates that will make full contact with the bottom of my norma (which has a 3" diameter circular base).

Seems Kirk used to make a 4" square base, model pz-39, which would work, but the usual sources, RRS/etc, don't seem to have anything.

I do have access to a few CNC machines (architecture grad student) and I'm thinking of just making something, if I can't find anything suitable online, if anyone has any experience/tips with that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I bought one from another photographer who had one made by a machinist, and to cover the costs, he made a few of them and sold the extras on eBay, so I think the idea of making your own is the right idea. There just isn't anything out there that is going to work as well. Mine is a solid plate with a dovetail on the bottom and a pin on top to fit the base of the rail clamp, so the camera doesn't twist on the plate.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by watanabe` View Post
    I've just bought a new gitzo gt5531s and a photoclam multiflex, but I can't find any QR plates that will make full contact with the bottom of my norma (which has a 3" diameter circular base).

Seems Kirk used to make a 4" square base, model pz-39, which would work, but the usual sources, RRS/etc, don't seem to have anything.

I do have access to a few CNC machines (architecture grad student) and I'm thinking of just making something, if I can't find anything suitable online, if anyone has any experience/tips with that.
    I just bought a pz-39 directly from Kirk, about two weeks ago. They told me its not listed and not a normally a stock item but they do have them instock.

You might want to contact them directly.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks, I just went back to the kirk site looking to for a contact number and was surprised to see the pz-39 listed up on their site (camera brand: universal fit, camera model: 3 3/8" square).

Thanks for the advice!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin