Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,146   Online: 1076

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Mounting a 300mm lens to a board

So...I still have this wacky idea I'm going to try my hand at 8x10. Zaniness!

I have a few extra boards coming from the guy who sold me my camera and was thinking of drilling a hole to fit the lens I have.

It's a Fujinon, Copal 3 shutter. My questions:

• Is Copal 3 a standard size diameter?

• When mounting the lens, do I unscrew the lens, place the rear element behind the board, through the hole, and then screw the lens together? Sorry, but I've never had to do this before -- apologies if that makes any veteran shooters wince.

• There is a ring/flange thingy between the elements of the lens. Where does this go in the grand scheme of things? And, do I work screws into the tiny holes in said flange?

Many thanks
    Colin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    copal 3 is a standard size, you have to unscrew the rear element and the "ring/flange thingy" measure the tread size (or lookit up) drill a hole in your board to suite the size of the tread, re-assembel, the shutter outside then the "ring/flange thingy" as this holds every thing to the board, then the rear element.

have fun with the 8x10

dcm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Colin, if it's the lens I sent you - I mounted it by attaching the flange to the outside of the lens board with 4 little screws and nuts. The shutter screws into the flange with the front element. You need to un screw the rear element and
    screw it into the shutter from the back side of the lens board. It'll make sense once you get the lens board.
    regards
    Erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently got a Fujinon 300mm. I was anxious to try it out. It took only about 30 min. to cut the board, drill the hole, seal the wood and paint it. Mounting the lens took about a minute. Mine came with a fancy two-piece ring.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Erik
    It is the lens you sold me -- and on a side note, it's a beaut. Many thanks for that!

Thanks for the advice folks. Sorry if terminology isn't my strong suit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin