Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,039   Online: 906

Thread: LIght Leaks

Hi all,

Trying to find why I am getting extra density in my negatives I climbed inside by old 8x10 Ansco with a flashlight looking for that bad holder. Nice ASSumption, but wrong. As it turns out, I have light leaks at the wood seam between the rear standard assembly and the film holder as well as between the lens board (lens board is thin plywood) and the front standard assembly. Am I looking at a lot of sanding to get the surfaces to meet properly or is there some gasket (tape, felt, whatever) that will work. Thanks for all your help.

...lyle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Uh... TIG welding? Maybe railroad spikes? Wait... I remember - a while ago I read an article about "Explosion Forming", where they place the "formee" on a die in a reinforced chamber - very reinforced... in fact *MAJOR** reinforced... and fire an explosive charge to blow everything into place. Or... dip soldering ......

Oh, lord... I just had an awful thought ... PLEASE don't take this seriously.

Written under the influence of Mr. J. Beam.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My Linhof color had a persistent, but intermittent light leak along the long side of the negative. It turned out that a strip of velvet was missing from one side of the back. Bought a new velvet ribbon piece in a local shop, glued it on : Voila - no more light leak!
    It's amazing what can be fixed with a 50 cent piece of black velvet.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin