Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,550   Online: 782

Shooter
    35mm

Camera bag for Toyo 45C???

Hi,

I'm looking for an affordable and transportable solution to carry my Toyo-View 45C around on trips and such, since I can't afford a field camera...

I've got a Lowepro Nova 5 and the standards won't fit (standing), the rail I can carry with the tripod or something,
    neither will the standards fit inside my Tamrac adventure 9 bag, only after I've removed the divider between the lower part and the upper part, will they fit,
    but the bags turns useless, because I can't fit anything else (like water or food), not to mention this is a very cumbersome solution...

I've been with friends on a trip to an abandoned quarry, and I ended up lugging the camera on my shoulder, and my Nova 5 on the same shoulder (the strap softens the blow) the place is magnificent and very interesting,
    but my shoulder soared for 3 days after lugging 10kg on my shoulder...
    billiant, I know...

So, basically I'm looking for a shoulder bag that's deep enough to fit the standards without the rail, any Ideas?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Measure the standards of your camera: how wide and how high including the knobs and the mounting to the rail.

LowePro has some good backpacks for around $200,-
    I have the Computrekker Plus AW, but it holds a laptop aswell, they have models without a pocket for a laptop and realy like it.

If you want to travel with 4x5 there are more options than just a field or a monorail, esp if you are living in the US.
    Have a look at the Speed Graphic or Crown Graphic or other of their models: they are relatively light, cheap and great camera's.
    In Europe they are too pricy for me and I already have a Shen Hao 4x5 inch.

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Consider a regular backpack and wrap up the parts in the darkcloth. I have a separate case for my lenses (cheap fly reel case fits 3-4 lenses on Linhof boards). A regular backpack is inexpensive and will still be comfortable. I have a knock off of a Kelty Redwing that is wonderful that I use for LF. I spent about $50. If you do need a shoulder bag, you could do the same sort of thing with a large messenger bag or a computer bag.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    If you want to travel with 4x5 there are more options than just a field or a monorail, esp if you are living in the US.
    Have a look at the Speed Graphic or Crown Graphic or other of their models: they are relatively light, cheap and great camera's.
    This is a good idea---for the price of a Lowe Pro bag, you could get another camera...if you are patient. Before I got my Toyo Field, I had a Crown graphic...It folds up with a lense inside and is super light.

I also agree that not buying a "Camera Bag" would be a cheaper approach. Sometimes you can find a piece of "Luggage" at a department store for a fraction of the price that will do nicely.
    Last edited by Tom Nutter; 08-29-2009 at 10:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: more

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't want any Graphic because they have almost no movements, though they are cheap and fold small

The messenger bag is a good idea, but a good Crumpler bag will cost around 200$...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin