Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,930   Online: 864

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Wollensak 15" f5.6 Tele - Disassembly?

Can anyone tell me how to disassemble one of these lenses? I either got a great deal or a $27 (shipped) paperweight. There's definitely some fungus in there so if I can't get it apart, paperweight it is.

It'll probably be a week before I get the lens but I want to get it up and running, if possible, as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails !BZcLnvw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKikEjlLmcfMhBKmuC6oHew~~_12.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It does not look good for shure.
    You better wait untill you have the lens in your hands, than start making pictures of it before you do anything and then start unscrewing.
    When you have problems with last item, the unsrewing, ask again.

Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That ring on the front with the 2 notches in it, unscrews and allows you to remove the front element. A lens spanner wrench is suggested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    That ring on the front with the 2 notches in it, unscrews and allows you to remove the front element. A lens spanner wrench is suggested.
    hi dan

i think the back element is removed the same way ..

sk grimes sells the best spanner wrench you can find ..
    they aren't cheap, but worth it!

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So far it sounds like all I need is a lens spanner, which I do have (albeit a cheap chinese set, but they've been working okay so far). I figured if I needed something special I'd get it now but maybe I'll be okay without further investment.

Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    how did you go?
    Am very late in my reply, but just in case you didn't progress, or others have the same problem: There are a few tiny grub screws hiding in the grooves of the barrel you have to find and undo first. After that it'll separate nicely and fit straight into an Alphax/Betax #4.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks. I did manage to get it apart and cleaned up - it turned out to be more dirty than anything else, although has some scarring from fungus. I've actually ended up with three of these lenses (this is the worst of the bunch) so I'm going to try disassembling this one as you suggest and see if I can get it into a spare Betax #4 that I have.

Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin