Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,813   Online: 995

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Adaptor board for Korona 5x7"

Could anybody give me some advice on how to fit modern lenses to a 5x7 Korona. The old lensboards are way too thick to accomodate lenses with retaining rings designed for linhof thickness boards. I was thinking of having an adaptor board made to take lenses mounted in linhof style lensboards. Anybody have any ideas on this?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The board that I made for my 8x10 Korona is composed of two thinner pieces of wood glued together, one with a hole slightly larger in diameter than the shutter, the other slightly larger in diameter than the retaining ring. This allows a thin enough portion of wood that the retaining ring fits on the lens properly - essentially the front half of the lens board holds the shutter/lens and the rear half builds the thickness up to the desired dimension. If you are using a full thickness board you might have to use a router to remove some of the thickness so that you can mount your lens.

- Randy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When I made a lens board recently, the board it's self was 6mm thick. The lens required a maximum thickness of around 3mm. Ended up counter boring the back so that the thickness was 1.6mm.
    skgrimes.com gives a handy table for standard hole sizes - The #3 thickness may be too high. Schneider gives 1.5 to 5.0mm in their (archived) documentation.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You can also just cut the hole larger than needed and add a thin metal plate covering the hole. Then cut the proper sized hole through the metal plate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok thankyou. this has given me some ideas now

Shooter
    Medium Format
    all my lenses are mounted on a linhoff type board i am mking an adapter from a piece of aluminium plate 6mm thick which is as near as possible to the thickness of wooden board on on my ansco with a rebate to accept the smaller linhof 99x96 boards also on flea bay there is a person how makes deardorff adaptors he made an adaptor for me which was a deardorff/linhof front with a wooden spacer and an ansco board on the back to fit the camera

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin