Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,017   Online: 729

Shooter
    Large Format

Sinar Norma, p2/f2 lens hood?

I've been using a 2nd rear standard(found one cheap on KEH a while ago while making another order) as a way to attach an extra bellows to give me a sort of compendium hood.

However, in an attempt to save weight, when I saw a Sinar bellows + 2 clips + rod for $30 on the big auction site I jumped.

It arrived yesterday and seems to be working well, except for 1 issue: the hex rod cutout on my norma standard doesn't seem to be oriented properly to make the lens hood square: see attached photos.

Is this normal? any way to fix it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    No it is not, it looks like it is the wrong way around , the bellows should be parallel to lens panel this link might help

http://www.sinar.ch/site/index__gast...8-50-2113.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    seems this is normal, the norma rod and the modern bellows clips have different alignments.

However, it seems it is possible to position the clip such that the bellows center is aligned to the lens board's center, except rotated 45degrees. I guess this will sort of work in the meantime.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Here is an excerpt from a recent post on this subject:
    Struan Gray
    Re: Mixing Norma and newer Sinar components

I found the later bellows clips to work much better than the Norma ones. The simplest way to use the later ones on a Norma standard is to get one of the articulated bellows rods and use only one half of it: i.e. use the central stub to attach to the standard and one articulated arm to hold the bellows clip(s). The articulated arm can be rotated to whatever angle you desire.

This won't work if you want really long hoods, but then you're better off with an auxiliary standard out front anyway.

I have ordered a used Jointed Rod (shown at the above link) and it should arrive any day now, together with the current clips/rod. So I will know shortly if the jointed rod will resolve the problem you're having. It seems to me it will require the complete jointed rod for a solution, rather than half of it as Struan suggests, but he's got the parts and I don't yet. I'm guessing that (1) placing the straight rod through the lower holes in the clips and (2) using the complete jointed rod to connect the standard to the upper hex hole in the rear clip then (3) loosening both ball joints in the jointed rod, you'll be able to position the bellows axis at the lens axis by eyeballing it and tightening the ball joints. Seems kinda fussy, but then adjusting any bellows hood is a fussy deal anyway particularly when movements are needed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin