Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,983   Online: 1053

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Into the hole on the back, but the mirror's age so it may not function,I know a US APUG member replaced the glass in his last year and it worked perfectly after.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Mine didn't even seem to be doing anything. How are you supposed to use it; do you look down into it from above or into the hole visible from behind?
    you look in the hole on the back
    and you should see a split image in the center
    when it is "focused" the 2 images are 1 ..

from time to time equinoxphotographic.com has lensboards
    i often times just use a piece of matboard ... until i find a board
    and then realize the matboard works ok too so i don't replace it ..

have fun!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heavystar (US seller) on Ebay has new lens boards at good prices, he sells them individually or in three, I bought some a couple off him, he's still listing them.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Mine didn't even seem to be doing anything. How are you supposed to use it; do you look down into it from above or into the hole visible from behind?
    If you have a hole on top, put a piece of black electrical tape over it. That hole is for a focuspot - a nightime focusing assist that shines a little beam onto the splitter and projects two dots of light onto your target. When they line up, you're in focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With a Dremel tool, it is relatively easy to add front tilt to a Pacemaker. The instructions were in View Camera magazine and, as I remember, it took me less than an hour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An Ebay seller, Phenidon (Orfeus), has Very nice mirrors for the Kalart Rangefinder (ask him how to change!) eBay search on Graflex; I put one into my Crown Graphic recently and it is just excellent; has one more for my Speed. A working range finder is really the very essence of a Pacemaker! Welcome to join the social group "Grahics et al"!
    //Bertil

Shooter
    35mm
    I hastily exposed a negative today and it seems to have turned out fine. I forgot to put my darkslide in flipped, so then I couldn't tell which sheet was exposed and had to develop both of them to find out.

It's fiddly to get the film holder into the back, should I just ram it in there? I'm used to be gentle with cameras...

There is a circular flip-up site on this thing, but without something else to align it with it seems pretty worthless. Is there a "front site" that's missing or something?

Is the rangefinder useful as a framing tool? I need something to aim this thing.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertil View Post
    An Ebay seller, Phenidon (Orfeus), has Very nice mirrors for the Kalart Rangefinder (ask him how to change!) eBay search on Graflex; I put one into my Crown Graphic recently and it is just excellent; has one more for my Speed. A working range finder is really the very essence of a Pacemaker! Welcome to join the social group "Grahics et al"!
    //Bertil
    He's charging $26 (I just looked). You could probably get an entire Kalart in good condition for less than that.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good condition is one thing (where do you get them?), but a really excellent mirror is another thing -as far as I have seen; but OK if everything is good !! (I didn't mind paying some $10 dollar on top of that for shipping these mirrors to Sweden!)
    //Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a circular flip-up site on this thing, but without something else to align it with it seems pretty worthless. Is there a "front site" that's missing or something?
    There should be a front finder that telescopes up from the front standard to use with the rear flip up part. Look closely at the picture at the Graphics et al group and you will see it
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin