Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,965   Online: 824

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [
    It's fiddly to get the film holder into the back, should I just ram it in there? I'm used to be gentle with cameras...
    Use your index finger and your thumb to pull up the holder at the open end until you get the holder started in. There are little nubbins there just for that.

There should be an optical viewfinder. If it is missing, use the metal flip up and the front flexible frame as described by other.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertil View Post
    Good condition is one thing (where do you get them?),
    //Bertil
    I have 3 from 4x5 Pacemakers sitting in my living room at the moment - all nice and contrasty. I have a NOS one for an Anniversary model sitting in its box, and a couple of others (condition unknown due to lack of remembering) floating around somewhere. The 3 all come off of cameras that I couldn't repair (bad bellows or bad rear rails in all 3 cases) so I used a couple of parts and the rest are either in a box waiting for a rainy day (I have another Crown coming that will need a Kalart and a couple of other things to get up and running but rails and bellows are okay I'm told) or on ebay.

Shooter
    35mm
    Do any of the FP shutter speeds sync to electronic flash? If so how can I trigger it? I see there's what looks like a plug on the side of the camera.

I wish flashbulbs were still widely available, they are really cool.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the fp shutter can synch to long peak bulbs. Not sure. I will check my instruction manual when I get home. If you wish, I can copy it and mail it to you. Won't be home till after the holiday. The Graflex.org site is just great. Have you located the frame finder on the front of the camera? And the vernier/semi vernier sliding focus scale is easily adjustable for the focal length of the lens you are using. Of course, if you are doing close-up work, you are using the ground glass anyway, right?
    Others have alluded to this next point, Better: I shall be explicit. Speedies are addictive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speedies are addictive.
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ugh... Just a shameless plug, but if anyone has a good rangefinder/optical viewfinder they don't want, please PM me. My Pacemaker never had one installed.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    It works. Hurray for resolution (and dust). Scan of a contact print

f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    It works. Hurray for resolution (and dust). Scan of a contact print

Well done! Congrats.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=BetterSense;856627]It works. Hurray for resolution (and dust). Scan of a contact print

You're hooked, Better Sense. What lens, film, shutter speed, and film-developer?

Shooter
    35mm
    That 135mm enlarger lens you sold me, very old foma 200 shot at 100ish, my homemade spotmeter, f/8, 125 as I recall, and straight d23. I literally just walked out and snapped it before I had to go to class. I'm surprised it came out sharp; it seemed like it took forever for that FP shutter to cross the image and the camera seemed like it was wobbling all around.
    Last edited by BetterSense; 09-05-2009 at 06:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    f/22 and be there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin