Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 690

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Speed graphic questions

I just got a speed graphic, and I have a couple of questions. I don't think the rangefinder works so I'll probably take it off. The FP shutter seems to work fine.

First of all I have no lensboard. What kind of lensboards fit this camera, and can I make one?

Second, I found backward tilt, rise, and shift, but no swing, fall, or forward tilt. Can I flip the front around to get forward tilt?

There is a little lever on the right side below the FP shutter tripper lever. What's it do?

The normal shutter's cable seems like it would be too stiff to operate even if I did have a lens. Is it ok to oil it?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    First of all I have no lensboard. What kind of lensboards fit this camera, and can I make one?
    Absolutely.
    From plywood for example, cut 2 squares, fitting to outer and inner hole of the front std, drill ca 5cm hole to acommodate retaining ring and some space around it in the centre of smaller square, glue them together, drill appropriate hole for the shutter to front layer, paint the whole thing mat black and there you are.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, there's a great site called www.graflex.org that has a lot of info on these cameras. You can identify which model you have there.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I can answer #2 -- drop the front of the camera, then use the rise/fall and the lens rear tilt to duplicate front lens tilt.

Lensboard -- a little tough to make as there is a thin ridge that forms a light seal, but one might be able to make a mat-board lensboard to use until you can find a real one.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Buy a lens board off ebay, they're pretty inexpensive

As for that extra lever... I'm not sure what you're talking about. On the right side you should have a focal plane shutter winder, a focal plane shutter switch, and the shutter release lever--anything else isn't stock.

I think you may be talking about the shutter release button, which can be linked to the front shutter or the focal plane shutter by the selection switch above/behind it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The little lever you're referring to, way down on the bottom, is to flip the shutter tension from low to high - you'll see in the little window that the shutter speed changes.

werra is referring to a lens board for an anniversary graphic. that won't work for a pacemaker model, which is what you have since the anny doesn't have front tilt.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    werra is referring to a lens board for an anniversary graphic. that won't work for a pacemaker model, which is what you have since the anny doesn't have front tilt.
    Yeap, took a quick look at my Anny while describing. But have made such a board for the Super as well. How different is Pacemaker?

Shooter
    35mm
    I can answer #2 -- drop the front of the camera, then use the rise/fall and the lens rear tilt to duplicate front lens tilt.
    I don't think the front of my camera will drop. Rear tilt seems like a pretty improbable movement.

Edit: No, my bed can drop just fine, so I can have some front tilt it looks like. Also, the little lever does indeed change the FP shutter speeds.
    Last edited by BetterSense; 09-02-2009 at 05:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Be very careful with dropping the bed - I've seen too many Graphics with ruined rear rails where someone either dropped the bed or tried to close the camera without properly racking the bed all the way back. If you feel more than a little resistance when lifting the bed back up or when closing it, something's wrong.

As for the lensboard, the one for a Pacemaker and the one for an Anny are very different. Dimensions are slightly different but also, the Pacemaker has a thin sheetmetal board with a light trap groove on the front standard to match, and it has rounded corners. There is an adpter made for the Anny and GV which will allow you to mount a 4x5 Pacemaker board.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know exactly what I have I guess. My lensboard would have slightly rounded corners if i had one, and the front standard has kind of a rolled-over edge inside that looks like it would go into a groove of the lensboard.
    f/22 and be there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin