Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,823   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    ...afford a bellows..
    Shoot, MAKE a bellows- Freestyle has the fabric, might cost ya $20
    Your first try might be UGLY- mine is, but it's light tight.
    The next bellows will be better- easier cuz it's not gonna be tapered, for the 7x17 that's maybe half complete [see above].
    And did you see that lens Tracy Storer offered for only $500 !!! Convertible, covers 20x24 !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    The only lens I have that properly covers 8x10 is the 300mm f/8.5 Fujinon-C. I have a modern 210mm f/5.6 Fujinon-W too. It appears to cover straight on and so will probably press that into service from time to time as well. Really want to get a 14 inch Ektar but, that isn't in the cards now.
    Try some 8x10 pinhole, it will amaze! And the lenses are amazingly inexpensive....
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The 300 mm Fujinon-C was my first lens for the 8x10. It is a great lens for the format.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ....what am I to do?
    I think this is where you stand up and say "My name is __________ and I have a problem." All we need now is GAS pins to put on our lapels.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the dark side. We have great big beautiful pieces of film!

I admit it. Sometimes I'm tempted to just back an 8x10 negative with a piece of white paper and frame it. Is that so wrong?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post

. . .

(5) I really should get an 11x14 worthy of that coverage... yes, why not, the film is actually cheaper per unit area and I can quit enlarging...

. . .

...etc. ad nauseum...

" . . . the film is actually cheaper per unit area and I can quit enlarging . . . "

Does Faith Walrath (and others) know about this line of interesting logic?
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Faith:

11x14" HP5+ costs 4.3 cents per square inch;
    4x5" HP5+, on the other hand, costs 4.7 cents per square inch.

4.7 cents is considerably more than 4.3 cents.

(Mind you, the best bargain of all may be the arista-II ortho lith film in 20x24" size, which costs a mere $3.79/sheet, or less than a penny per square inch. It's practically wallpaper....)
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

well, the Century studio camera that the former keeper dumped on me came with an unloved Goerz celor...which I'm actually looking forward to shooting.

The only lens I have that properly covers 8x10 is the 300mm f/8.5 Fujinon-C. I have a modern 210mm f/5.6 Fujinon-W too. It appears to cover straight on and so will probably press that into service from time to time as well. Really want to get a 14 inch Ektar but, that isn't in the cards now.

Hopefully, somebody will buy the Speed Graphic I have offered for sale and I can recover from the "eBay Ooops!"...and maybe even afford a bellows eventually
    Dude!!!

Let's get together and I'll let you use the 12 inch commercial ektar I have (already mounted on a Deardorff lensboard). Alviso? Next weekend? (this weekend I have kids). Can also let you see what the 5x7 back does on the dorff. I have a 191 ektar lens for that.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

It's been over 100 deg and cloudless for weeks around here. A little rain sounds delightful. Raining 8x10s sounds even better! Enjoy that 'dorff!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I was expecting a thread about using our large format cameras in the rain!

Which I have done with my wooden field camera, praying all the while. Now if only it were raining 8x10s (While I'm safe under a proper roof, of course)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin