Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,439   Online: 685

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I spent $300 for a Tachi from the second owner. It had two lens boards, one original and the second home made. It is light tight and works well. My only regret was not buying an 8x10 camera that I would now prefer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well I wish I could buy this Tachihara, but the seller just up and left for a week or two but I'm thinking maybe he didn't really leave but just said that he did and just changed his mind but its not for sale anymore because the ad is now gone.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Perhaps Ian got it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wouldn't surprise me.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well what is the saying? If the deal is too good to be true it usually is? You'll find a camera that fits you, it's out there waiting. This one just wasn't meant to be.

Best,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
    Perhaps Ian got it?
    No . . . . . . . much though I'd like another wooden field camera the wife would kill me I've 57 cameras already & she's only seen about 10-15 of them

There are some real bargains around at the moment, a Linhof Technika Mk 3 sold for $200 for instance on the LFPI forum/sales& wanted yesterday. This time of year is usually a buyers market.

1SharpMonkey needs to keeper a sharper eye on what's available

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    No . . . . . . . much though I'd like another wooden field camera the wife would kill me I've 57 cameras already & she's only seen about 10-15 of them

There are some real bargains around at the moment, a Linhof Technika Mk 3 sold for $200 for instance on the LFPI forum/sales& wanted yesterday. This time of year is usually a buyers market.

1SharpMonkey needs to keeper a sharper eye on what's available

Ian
    Well, I've had a mighty sharp eye on places I've known about which is more than simply APUG and eBay. I found deals last week and the week before but then I was having a funds issue at that time. Now I'm not, so now I'm able to hop on a good deal. The reason why I couldn't hop on the Tachihara so quickly is because I was working out a time when I could meet up in the middle to late evenings because it was at least a 2 hour drive for me and I work after 6 pm. I finally got the right time for this evening, and when I contacted the seller yesterday morning that's when he gave me the shrug off as if he had changed his mind perhaps, but blaming it on taking a trip for a week or two or three.. he didn't really say when he was returning.

Anyway, I wasn't even aware of that place you referred to with that cryptic acronym. But I am sharp, especially for a monkey , and have through deductive reasoning figured out where you're talking about and am now a member, but apparently there's a 30 day wait to be able to preview that particular forum as if there's some kind of a risk in letting me see it now. So, I guess I'll just have to moan. :rolleyes:

Well, each day passes, I have more money. While I'm waiting maybe the perfect camera rolls along, more complete with lens(es), plenty of film backs, loupe, dark cloth, etc. Got my fingers crossed. I have already scoped out all the monorails around these parts and have a number of them I could hop on but really I want a field camera and light is good and lighter is better. I've got my sights on a Toyo 45 CF right now. Carbon Fiber is friendly but it just doesn't look as sweet as the Tachihara.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just a heads up, I just put my tachihara 4x5 on ebay. It has a very low starting price and I would love to see someone from here scoup it up......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is this camera? I've never seen or heard of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Prinzdorff-4x5-D...item1c0cecf217
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SharpMonkey View Post
    Well, I've had a mighty sharp eye on places I've known about which is more than simply APUG and eBay. I found deals last week and the week before but then I was having a funds issue at that time. Now I'm not, so now I'm able to hop on a good deal. The reason why I couldn't hop on the Tachihara so quickly is because I was working out a time when I could meet up in the middle to late evenings because it was at least a 2 hour drive for me and I work after 6 pm. I finally got the right time for this evening, and when I contacted the seller yesterday morning that's when he gave me the shrug off as if he had changed his mind perhaps, but blaming it on taking a trip for a week or two or three.. he didn't really say when he was returning.

Anyway, I wasn't even aware of that place you referred to with that cryptic acronym. But I am sharp, especially for a monkey , and have through deductive reasoning figured out where you're talking about and am now a member, but apparently there's a 30 day wait to be able to preview that particular forum as if there's some kind of a risk in letting me see it now. So, I guess I'll just have to moan. :rolleyes:

Well, each day passes, I have more money. While I'm waiting maybe the perfect camera rolls along, more complete with lens(es), plenty of film backs, loupe, dark cloth, etc. Got my fingers crossed. I have already scoped out all the monorails around these parts and have a number of them I could hop on but really I want a field camera and light is good and lighter is better. I've got my sights on a Toyo 45 CF right now. Carbon Fiber is friendly but it just doesn't look as sweet as the Tachihara.

Did you ever have that special camera come along?

Curt
    Last edited by Curt; 10-03-2009 at 12:36 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: extra word

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin