Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,989   Online: 672

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Graflex RB focusing gear is off the rail, how to realign?

(I posted this on Graflex.org as well, if I get a solution on one I'll update the other)

I have recently taken possession of a Series D in which the left-side focusing gear is off to the side of the rail towards the body such that when the focusing knob is turned only the right-side engages. I have tried easing the stubborn piece back into place but it resists all efforts. Before resorting to percussive maintenance I thought I would see if anyone had less persuasive advice.

Shooter
    35mm
    Been there, fixed that. I'll PM you tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Bosaiya View Post
    (I posted this on Graflex.org as well, if I get a solution on one I'll update the other)

I have recently taken possession of a Series D in which the left-side focusing gear is off to the side of the rail towards the body such that when the focusing knob is turned only the right-side engages. I have tried easing the stubborn piece back into place but it resists all efforts. Before resorting to percussive maintenance I thought I would see if anyone had less persuasive advice.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Much obliged.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I was able to fix it with a washer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin