Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,542   Online: 1194

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Wallace View Post

That's what I fear - I will want to keep the darned thing and sell the Kodak. It is a damn good camera but I need an Expert Drum and have a cash flow problem (cash trickle). Something has to go.
    I have both a KMV and a couple of Anscos in 8x10. The Kodak is a Cadillac of field cameras, the Ansco is a very good Chevrolet (by comparison). The Kodak folds up smaller, has better movements and all in all is an extremely well designed camera. If I had to choose, I would sell the Ansco and keep the KMV.

Shooter
    Large Format
    phototone, I wasn't really serious. I just had a surge of nostalgic affection for that old workhorse. It served me very very well but I agree with you about the KMV. It is a honey of a camera, despite the marriage of rise and tilt.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation"

Shooter
    35mm
    I have paid around $350-400 for similar cameras. I think that would be a price that moves it, if the bellows are good. The bellows are the biggest factor in valuation, if the rest is sound and working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One thing about Agfa Ansco bellows is they don't suffer from "Droop" like some other newer cameras

Ian

Shooter
    35mm

ANSCO 8 x 10

Hello:

I know nothing about large format photography!!!!!!

I was also researching the value of an ANSCO 8 x 10 and came across this thread. Thanks - very informative.

Now for my specific question about the lens and shutter that I picked up with the camera. The lens is a WOLLENSAK 12" f4.5 VELOSTIGMAT with a ALPHAX shutter, #167819. Is this a "desirable" combination?

My other question has to do with the age of the camera & lens. The camera is very similar to the one shown and marked "ANSCO" with no mention of "AGFA" so I guess it's safe to say the camera was produced after the WWII split. The lens board isn't marked but is made of wood and painted the same gray as the camera. The lens is not marked "SERIES II" as would seem to be what WOLLENSAK produced in the 40's/50's.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks -larry-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin