Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,550   Online: 781

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    My friend who's speed in the field caused me to buy a Technika uses a Tech V that's easily 30 years old....
    Wouldn't that be a Tech IV? After all, my III is only about 40 years old - I have it on good authority that it's younger than I am
    Well, I could swear I've seen a reference to a Master Tech as far back is the early 70's, but if Linhof was constructing V's and MT at the same time....

Suffice to say, the camera 'looked' over 30 years old :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I have to confess that I someimes think of buying a lighter camera. A Shen-Hao 8x10", or something like that. A 5x7" Technika is heavy, especially with my favorite 300mm/f:4.5 Xenar on...
    The MT is nice and light to me - I never weighed the Gandolfi, but it must have weighed in at 9-10 pounds....
    Cheers!

-klm.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Technika III 13x18 (European for 5x7") weighs in at about 14 pounds. The 300mm is another 2 pounds.
    Add to that a 121mm/f:8 Super-Angulon, a 210mm/f:4.5 Xenar and a few film holders, and my "field" pack is at 20 pounds going on 30.

So when I wish to shoot lots of film, I'll use the Color 4x5". When I want to travel light, I'll use my ancient (1934) Voigtländer Bergheil 9x12cm for which I have only 4 film holders. But the whole thing (camera, lens and film holders) is about 3 pounds!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ken, I know what you mean, I have a Variant Level II in 8x10, and all those knobs and levers really get on my nerves sometimes. If I was using a 4x5 I would have done the same thing and traded it, I can set up my Linhof TK in a jiffy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Ken, I know what you mean, I have a Variant Level II in 8x10, and all those knobs and levers really get on my nerves sometimes. If I was using a 4x5 I would have done the same thing and traded it, I can set up my Linhof TK in a jiffy.
    Well, the Gandolfi is going on the block real soon now. Along with a few other things that I've 'optomized' out of my pack. My pack is therefore getting lighter every day :-)
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ken, remember to give your buddies first crack!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    ken, remember to give your buddies first crack!
    You'll be the first one I call buddy :P
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    But does you camera have that little red dome light??
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

I'm surprised how fast my 5x7 Anba Ikeda is to set up. I store a tiny 130mm Rodenstock F12 Perigon inside and at under 4lbs and a big 5x7 screen it just cant be beat. I dont do portraits with this camera generally but yesterday I wound up seeing an old friend of the family and quickly did a portrait in the late afternoon sun in front of her well aged 200 year old home here in CT. She is almost 70 now and and a CT yankee in the truest sense of the word as her family lived in that house for over 100 years. While I was setting up she complained about the changes around her 40 acre farm with all the intrusion of new people building more and more homes. I hope I got her expression. Just 2 clicks and it was over. I cant wait to process the film. I'm really glad I got it on 5x7! A never to be repeated moment with perfect light to boot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    But does you camera have that little red dome light??
    No, but I'm trying to find one. Perhaps an auto wrecker?

(everyone should be rather confused now)
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's Ken's sex light LOL.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin