Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,831   Online: 816

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Coool
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's funny how these old threads get resurrected after several years.

So Ken, how do you still like your Master Technika ? I have had mine for 8 or 9 years now. The major change in those 9 years is that I gradually moved from a 150mm/210mm pair of lenses to a 135mm/240mm pair. I just had a complete CLA recently by Marflex, with new bellows, rangefinder calibration, etc., and splurged and had my 135mm lens cammed.

By now I know all too well the limitations of the MT, and there are quite a few, but can certainly live with them for another long while.

The only camera better than a Master Technika/V for me is an 8x10. :-)

Cheers,

- Phong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Somewhere around 1993 Marflex had customized my Linhof Super Technika IV so that it had the same front tilt capabilities as the Master. We had found that my front standard did not agree with the 1958? diagrams but was basically the same as the V and the Master. Prior to that Marflex had serviced my Super Technika IV. When my Super Technika was stolen in 1994, I replaced it with my current Linhof Technikardan 45S at the suggestion of Bob Salomon from HP Marketing. I just recently (within about a month) replaced the Linhof Ground Glass with a new Satin Snow Ground Glass. This has certainly made it easier to focus my slower f6.8 Rodenstock Grandagons, F9.0 Apo Ronars, and my f11/16 Nikon ED Tele lenses.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It is funny - in the intervening years I've gone the opposite way: From technika 5x7" to Gandolfi Traditional 7x5", and from Linhof Color to Carbon Infinity in 4x5".

I still haven't settled on a "standard set of lenses", although I'd feel a little helpless without my 90mm SA, 150mm Apo-Lanthar, 165mm Angulon and 240mm Symmar. At least two of those go with me on any photo trip; which two depends on the format.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Congratulations. I owned a Technika V, then decided that I wanted something a little more wide-angle friendly and sold it and bought first an Ebony 45SVTi and then a 45SVTe. Both were fine cameras but they weren't close to the Technika in terms of precision, "solid" feel, and smooth operation. So I went back to Technikas, this time with a Classic Master and have been very happy with it after about three years of ownership. Technikas aren't perfect cameras but for someone looking for a longer bellows than some of the wood field cameras such as Shen Hao, Tachihara, Wista et al, and with the precision and smooth operation of a metal camera, they're an excellent choice.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I just got my first technika and its the best!

So far I have had a sinar F1, technikardan, graphic view and an ebony sw45. I just started using a 2x3 technika IV. I really think that it is a joy to use, I do wish it had all the capabilities of my ebony (wide angle and more movements) but the ease of use and portability, not too mention the build quality, make up for it. I think that this is the best travel camera ever, I can hand hold it or use a tripod and take advantage of the movements. The build quality is soo amazing!!! It really makes me want to use it. and it is so rigid and I really like it. I wish that someone was still making cams for the 6x9 technikas and i also wish that i could find some lensboards.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Wouldn't that be a Tech IV? After all, my III is only about 40 years old - I have it on good authority that it's younger than I am
    I believe your Tech III is at least 51 years old, maybe older, but at least 51 since the Tech IVs replaced the IIIs in 1956 according to the pictorial history in "Linhof Practice."

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell
    I believe your Tech III is at least 51 years old, maybe older, but at least 51 since the Tech IVs replaced the IIIs in 1956 according to the pictorial history in "Linhof Practice."
    Eh yes. But there's a difference in age and model numbers and design (!) between the 4x5" and the 5x7" models. Mine was a 5x7".
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format

The Linhoff Love-Fest continues!

I wonder where these came from.....

Please stop saying all those nice things about Linhoffs before I have a terrible accident with that slippery mouse of mine! :o
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Q098.jpg   Q120.jpg   Q113.jpg   Q098.jpg  
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1
    Please stop saying all those nice things about Linhoffs before I have a terrible accident with that slippery mouse of mine! :o
    All right - I sold my 5x7" Technika when I bought a 5x7" Gandolfi Traditional. Better movements, same stability, marginally shorter bellows, lots less weight.

I sold my 4x5" Linhof Color when I bought a Carbon Infinity: Just as portable, but in a wholly different class in everything.

So I've gone from two good solid German Linhofs to two odd, quirky English cameras!
    Norway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin