Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,137   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Re: combiplan - The supplied loading guides scratch the sheets as you load them. The securing clip is fragile and easy to break. Filling and draining chemicals isn't particularly quick, so it is much easier to fill with developer first then drop the film holder in.

I've switched to using a Paterson Orbital tray and keep the combiplan for second stage fixing and washing. It limits me to four sheets per run, but I can get away with 100ml of developer (usually use between 120-240ml). Using the combiplan tanks, 1l is required regardless of the number of sheets being processed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It appears to me that you are not fully inserting the film holder into the camera.

There is a raised ridge on the film holder that will stop the film holder as you put it in the camera. Pull back slightly on the film holder and push it further in. When you do, the ridge will slip on past and allow you to fully insert the film holder and seat the ridge in the groove that is located in the camera back for that purpose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good thought on the empty holder and checking through the lens.

As for the Combiplan, at first I was concerned about the amount of time to fill/empty. I was used to 35mm for so long where it all happens pretty fast. I just allow for the time to empty and found that filling goes faster if you don't let it 'pile-up' in the funnel, it works fine. No problems so far.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The slide shouldn't be able to contact the film if it's under the flanges, and your examples were. I've never had a reason to look, but I don't think there is any easy way for the film to travel out to the light trap.
    I agree that the most likely cause is the holder isn't seated in the camera. It's easy to check, the holder should be all the way against the stop on the (usually) left side. It's a little surprising that you don't also have some fogging though. It would be a good idea to check the inside of the camera too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a little surprising that you don't also have some fogging though.
    Not all, but one did. It leads me to believe even more, this is my problem. I'll check it for sure with some empty holders and be more vigilant while actually taking pics as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Problem (this one anyway) solved. It was because I was not inserting the holder all the way as had been suggested. I finished processing the rest of the sheets and a majority displayed the problem in one form or another. In some instances, the unexposed band was, well, completely unexposed. In some instances there was fogging in the area and a few, even had fogging intruding in the image area. I'm guessing this difference was due to how far, or not, I was short on fully seating of the holder.

Now I feel confident that I won't repeat this problem and can move on to the next newbie mistake. Thanks all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin