Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,497   Online: 1014

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bausch and Lomb Balopticon for LF

Well I wanted to try an old magic lantern lens and found one on a B&L Home Balopticon. The 7" lower lens doesnt quite cover 4x5 but seems to swirl nice and is in very good shape. The big unknown is the upper projection lens--does it have any uses for LF? Anyone have one of these?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suspect the Balopticon is similar to the Episkope, from Leitz?(shot 1 below) I have used the magic lantern lens off one of these, and found it useful (shot 2). I have not used the larger, opaque projector lens from the Episkope, but I have shot with the lens from a B&L opaque projector from the first few decades of the 20th century. (shot 3) It's worth the try, if you have one lying around. The shot included here was a paper 8x10 negative, the Episkope lens was on a 4x5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails episkope.jpg   JohnandBea2web.jpg   papernegkevinweb.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is a test. Poor exposure control and a wiggly 4yr old. I need to have a test done on my FP shutter. The image circle wasn't handled to well but I did take much time to set it up. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img192.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice. Looks like more experimentation will be fun and fruitful!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin