Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,544   Online: 887

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cheap? Try pinhole lol.

Have you tried using the 4x5 lenses on the 8x10? You get some nice wide angle.

I bought a minty Fujinon 300mm f5.6, and it's beautiful. Highly recommend it.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a few wide angle lenses, new and old. I just need a normal or long lens. I've got pinhole & zone plate covered...
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Old Symmar 300/5.6 and 360/5.6 lenses are usually not too expensive and I like the look of the single coated ones.
    If you want a small one there is always the Nikkor M300/9.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just stumbled on a lens for sale...seems like a good deal. It's a Kodak Ektar 14" in an Alphax shutter. $335. Any thoughts?
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not sure how cheap you are looking for, but I have a 240mm G-Claron that covers 8x10 nicely....I think I paid around $300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you looking to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    Not sure how cheap you are looking for, but I have a 240mm G-Claron that covers 8x10 nicely....I think I paid around $300
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    I just stumbled on a lens for sale...seems like a good deal. It's a Kodak Ektar 14" in an Alphax shutter. $335. Any thoughts?
    Older lenses in that size aren't very expensive. I don't remember how big the Ektar are but I bought things like Symar-S and the Calumet branded version for quite a bit less then that. But both are BIG. If you can handle BIG watch KEH,Mpex etc. Nobody wants these lenses normally. Between the 3 shutter and the huge filters the weight is just the obvious.

I'd be leery. Commercial Ektars were born in Ilex Universals, so this example was either reshuttered or started out as a barrel lens. If the tech who did the deed knew what they were doing you'd be OK but if they didn't the lens could be royally screwed up. IMHO $335 is a good price for a 14" Commercial Ektar in good condition in a good working shutter though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you looking to sell?
    oh no........I am restoring a Calumet mag C1 right now and it is the only lens I have that covers 8x10 other than some home made lenses from Alan Greene's book

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It really depends on the look you're after. If you don't mind soft then there's a whole range of antique lenses that'll serve you well. I picked up an old Dallmeyer Pentac for $80 and couldn't be happier with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin