Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,172   Online: 882

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Update: I discovered a little mark up above the infinity mark on the rails. I didn't even know it was there until I put some tape down, then took it up again.
    Now if that little mark is on 10 feet, every thing at 10 feet is in focus.

Problem solved.
    Last edited by JohnRichard; 09-27-2009 at 04:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have to agree with David, Steve and Mike;
    I have shot over 100 weddings with a handheld Speed Graphic and 12lb Graflex strobe/battery, hanging off my shoulder and I was only 120lbs. Our usual wedding was 200 shots which means 50 holders and an assistant to reload during the wedding. At the studio I worked for, the price for the standard package was a whopping $750.00 for 150 proofs and 20 8X10 and 50 4x5 plus an album. We always shot from a script and did most of the formal stuff in studio after the couple returned from the honeymoon. The day we got the Koni-Omegas was like escaping from prison. Why anyone would shoot a wedding in 4X5 with bulbs, which is the way I shot the first 20 weddings, is beyond my comprehension but if that is your choice, please take the advice of those I mentioned and prepare to work harder than you ever thought you could. Try to keep everything simple as possible, have fun and tell us where we may send flowers and view the body.
    Denise Libby

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry, I have to say this again. I was not the principal photographer at the wedding. This was a favor done for my cousin. She knows that I like shooting interesting cameras, and she knows that I (usually) do good work. She hired a fellow out of another town to shoot her wedding, and he used a Canon EOS something something digital, and a speedlight. I'm sure he and his wife did lovely digital work.

If I shoot a wedding by my self, I use Medium format, and 160 or 400VC. I also shoot HP5 if they request black and white.

The use of 4x5 was just for flavor. Again, these 6 sheets of 4x5 were not the only photographs at her wedding. They were the only 6 sheets that I shot of 4x5, and have since discovered why they came out like they did. I will most likely continue shooting my Speed Graphic with bulbs because I like it. Now that I have discovered how to focus it without looking at the Gg, I think everything will work out.

I hope that clears up some things.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin