Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,771   Online: 1107

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    And she was probably older than me.
    A cougar! You da man!

Crap ... did I just write that? Sorry Heather. Forgive me?

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Too bad, Art, you're unforgivable.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yeah... I'll bet you got that lens board in nice and tight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    boy, this is interesting ...

but no, I totally agree with "a film camera is perhaps the sexiest portable accessory of a woman".

from 3 years ago graduating high school to now at the ripe old age of 21, my "ideal woman" has changed quite drastically. I'm now more interested in intelligence and wit, then the general womanly form, that so many of us men look at first . Not that the "womanly form" is a bad thing at all though

"as my grandfather said, you can't have everything, but it doesn't hurt to check out the menu"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Gosh, where are all you guys when I set up my view camera for shooting at night? The goons I usually see are the ones who give me the "I pity you, lady" look and give me an earnest lecture on how much easier my life would be were I shooting d*****l.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to let you fellers that my daughter (a woman) handled the world of press photography up to the level of photographic editor, where she can now also commission/select/and assign photographs from, amongst others, the many equally accomplished female photographers attached to the Sydney Morning Herald.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaTom View Post
    Gosh, where are all you guys when I set up my view camera for shooting at night? The goons I usually see are the ones who give me the "I pity you, lady" look and give me an earnest lecture on how much easier my life would be were I shooting d*****l.
    We're watching from afar... a very respectful gaze.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hear the same old tired "photospeak" about digital being better than film, the unavailability of film, film being dead, blah blah blah. Usually from those with huge investments in technology that's just been upgraded to the newest, fastest, bigger and better stuff. I'd rather have GAS than feed the pig of conspicuous consumption for a technology that leaves tons of plastic to add to the landfills, along with the printers, computers, and reams of printed images done just because it's so much easier and convenient than using a darkroom. I'm not rich enough to afford new equipment whenever something in my vision glitters and becons me. I can, however, buy used for great prices from those who have sold out, off, their film equipment to afford "that other stuff", thus recycling perfectly good equipment and keeping my appetite satisfied. I will confess though, I do have more than I need but I also loan out large and medium equipment to others to demonstrate how nice it is to shoot and develop your own. On another note, I haven't tried night photography yet and am curious about film speeds, shutter speeds, apetures, and other folks experience shooting at night. After all folks, we are a comunity of like minded souls. If someone has trouble getting their hands on film or supplies, let someone know who can order and ship for you. We are fortunate here to have a great pro shop and can get most anything online. I feel better now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RPippin View Post
    I hear the same old tired "photospeak" about digital being better than film, the unavailability of film, film being dead, blah blah blah. Usually from those with huge investments in technology that's just been upgraded to the newest, fastest, bigger and better stuff. I'd rather have GAS than feed the pig of conspicuous consumption for a technology that leaves tons of plastic to add to the landfills, along with the printers, computers, and reams of printed images done just because it's so much easier and convenient than using a darkroom. I'm not rich enough to afford new equipment whenever something in my vision glitters and becons me. I can, however, buy used for great prices from those who have sold out, off, their film equipment to afford "that other stuff", thus recycling perfectly good equipment and keeping my appetite satisfied. I will confess though, I do have more than I need but I also loan out large and medium equipment to others to demonstrate how nice it is to shoot and develop your own. On another note, I haven't tried night photography yet and am curious about film speeds, shutter speeds, apetures, and other folks experience shooting at night. After all folks, we are a comunity of like minded souls. If someone has trouble getting their hands on film or supplies, let someone know who can order and ship for you. We are fortunate here to have a great pro shop and can get most anything online. I feel better now.
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is a bona fide, genuine, heartfelt rant.
    Thank you RPippin.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where RPippin's rant collapses in the last sentence. Yes those of us who have trouble buying film locally can & do buy from elsewhere usually a major city or even a different country.

The problem is that the lack of analog materials in local photo shops means there nothing to tempt new photographers into trying film, and what's worse is these dealers have no maens of even ordering small quantities either. It's something I've talked over with two different shop's owners in the past month or so, These are also family owned portrait & commercial studios with 3 generations working in them.

Ian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin