Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 726

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Large format and film are alive and well...

Well, at least in the Village. I went into the city on Saturday to check out some art, meet up with my brother, and so on...and while killing time I saw a girl setting up a Calumet rail camera. The lens board was in incorrectly, and I helped her focus.

Images
    Large format and film are alive and well....and allowed you to hit on some art chick in the city.

Not only is it alive and well, it is sexy too.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Did you also show her how to reach full bellows extension?
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    You guys are too much. I was just helping...I had to leave soon after to go to dinner. (Momofuku Ssäm is AWESOME.) :P

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sigh.

And you wonder why there aren't more chicks on APUG?

I see AutumnJazz was being a gentleman, though. Good work
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having just returned from a Photographic shop I'm not so sure.

The owner saw my Yahicamat and asked if I could still get film for it. Getting any B&W, Reversal and 120/Large format is remarkably difficult in some places. It's not the manufacturer's or the shops it's the importers/distributors.

I will have to find my recipe for Stargazy pie for you Heather it's not in my book of Developer formula

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    And you wonder why there aren't more chicks on APUG?
    Lest I be accused of "running down other posters' characters" - you tell'em girl! "Enlightened" men are no different than the rest us hound dogs.

I see AutumnJazz was being a gentleman, though. Good work
    As a 16 year old teen, he did the good and right thing.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is more of a case of a woman using a tool more patriarchally seen as popular among men, such it has been the case with computer and motorcycles in the past, which make her stand out and seem more attractive.
    Being heterosexual, I cannot help but attach a slight sexual attraction to the sight of a woman with a real camera, but that would the case of anyone that is attractive and displays a similarity of interests.
    In a cycling forum, men drool over women in bikes and so on, something perfectly normal.
    A film camera is perhaps the sexiest portable accessory of a woman (and possibly a man), because not only shows her creative spirit but also her independence and contempt for the flow of the mass. It shows that she puts artistic quality, integrity and discipline above the frivolous, convenient and popular.
    I find both displays of interest the gentlemen have shown above, quite natural and human.

And really, if you have never thought of stepping inside a dark cloth with someone attractive or touching hands on the knobs or blushing at the extension of a bellows, then, there must be something wrong with you.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ian - I already have a recipe or two, just haven't got the guts to try making it yet... Or the fish.

I'd like to point out I can handle my triple bellows extension without any help, thanks boys!
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Lest I be accused of "running down other posters' characters" - you tell'em girl! "Enlightened" men are no different than the rest us hound dogs.

As a 16 year old teen, he did the good and right thing.

Regards, Art.
    17. And she was probably older than me. I can, however, pass for someone in their mid-20s. Don't ask me why. I've even been served alcohol without being carded, in a restaurant in NYC (there was a free drink with entrée...I was with my family). Tis a brave new world, old sport.

That said, photography is not nearly as bad as the audiophile world. Almost exclusively men. Delirious men, at that.

Also, I don't think film photography is as bad as digital. The brashest and least educated with the most money to lose tend to follow the newest trends. I'm sure those that would disparage a woman for participating in their sport are already putting their 5D Mk. II's up for sale as they lie in wait of the new 1Ds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin