Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,985   Online: 912

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Maybe this is just too far removed but I am reminded of an antenna problem--change the position and experiment with the location etc. and you finally arrive at the best S/N ratio.Camera optics can be fun.
    RT
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I hear your pain. I shoot with an 8x10 and the bellows acts like a sail even in the slightest wind... This will be the first mention of it outside our beta testers, but we are releasing a new product that should help. For those of you with iPhones, we are releasing an application that has a movement sensor in it. You just set the iPhone on the camera and if there is too much vibration it lets you know.... It has a sensitivity slider so you can set it to your own specs. It has a little database for keeping track of your shots with all sorts of things, a bit to help you with the zone system, etc. Should be in about 3 weeks....

Lenny

Lenny Eiger
    EigerStudios

Shooter
    Large Format
    In my experience the contact between the camera and tripod support makes a huge difference.
    You want to make the area of contact as large as possible. I don't like cork and I don't like metal.

I use a Busch Pressman myself but found that the little circular base of the camera was too small and could not be tightened enough with a tripod head with a cork or rubber pad. I replaced the small round base with a large 1/4 inch aluminum plate cut 2 1/2 by 2 3/8 inches. This gives me a much firmer connection with the tripod head.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin