Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,658   Online: 841

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    The wide mouth lids with red stopper makes inversion workable.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    ... And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks for the replies. I take the point about going rotary for fixing (and I guess washing too) - I guess this would make the process more efficient and less hard work.

So now I'm thinking, why not just get the Jobo out and let it run for the 10-15 minutes for the dev and not worry about inverting every 30 seconds and put my feet up instead.

So that begs the question - what is preferable - inversion or constant agitation? Also, what effect would it have on the negs and would I need to alter the process or development times (using Rodinal 1+50 on either FP4+ or Adox CHS50 / 25) - this goes for 120 and 35mm too. If I'm doing just 120 films, would I be better off using my usual Paterson tanks with inversions every 30 secs, or put them in the Jobo and let that do the work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin