Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,358   Online: 732

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    the veiner scale reads in cms and the difference betweenthe two reasding is .1 When the lens is focused on infinity and stoppped downto f22 the image is soft, which lead me to checking everything else.The Busch is at least 50 years old and may have at one time been shimmed,although there are no signs of it Going to find something about 1 mm thick and give it a try

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post

I bought a used Zone VI 8x10 from Midwest Photo that had a fresnel in front of the GG, and since I don't like fresnels, I immediately removed it. Much later I got worried about my focusing, but it ended up that I did the right thing as the fresnel was in the wrong place when I got the camera. Perhaps that is why the camera was in such good shape and for sale -- the previous owner might not have been able to get sharp negs and sold it!

Vaughn
    I see this a lot on the cameras that come in to be worked on. Sometimes I get then in with a Fresnel that is frosted and a sheet of frosted glass together. Complaint is "I having a hard time focusing the camera".

If the complaint is "it is not photographing the focusing point as I had it focused when photographing the image wide open". The ground glass or the Fresnel screen with the frost focusing surface are in backwards.

If you think the focusing is out best to send it out and have it checked. S K Grimes and myself do this service.

Sometimes a leaky bellows will show up as a focusing problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard T Ritter View Post
    I see this a lot on the cameras that come in to be worked on. Sometimes I get then in with a Fresnel that is frosted and a sheet of frosted glass together. Complaint is "I having a hard time focusing the camera".

If the complaint is "it is not photographing the focusing point as I had it focused when photographing the image wide open". The ground glass or the Fresnel screen with the frost focusing surface are in backwards.

If you think the focusing is out best to send it out and have it checked. S K Grimes and myself do this service.

Sometimes a leaky bellows will show up as a focusing problem.
    This would make for a good discussion in a different thread, because I believe there are two different legitimate ways to combine ground glass and fresnel lens. However, rmolson already stated that he is not using a fresnel at all.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin