Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,234   Online: 831

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Can anyone direct me to a source for tape to repair several film holders?
    For anyone who has done this, does the tape come with adhesive, and if not, which adhesive will keep the tape in place?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Calumet sells it, although the last time I checked, they were out of stock. Some people use gaffer's tape, some use bookbinding tape.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    DE:

try gaylord brothers - http://www.gaylord.com/ or talas - http://www.talas-nyc.com/ . they both sell bookbinders tape.

good luck!
    - john

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have sucessfully used 3M black photographic tape (similar to masking tape) on 4x5 Graphic type 5 film holders. The 3/4" tape width is just slightly wider than needed. It certainly works for a quick repair. I don't know how it holds up in the long run. I keep my film holders in air conditioned space. If they were stored in the trunk of my car the tape might fail.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT][SIZE=7][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][/COLOR] I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I once used duct tape to repair one and it worked fine.. It sure looks ugly but it seems to work so there.....

Images
    I did all of my 8x10 holders with black Gaffers tape. Haven't had any problems with lightleaks, just bad compositions...
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a tip I learned about using tape from the aircraft industry. This was explained at great length to all new workers, some of whom were new to aircraft and the rather technical nature of some procedures and F.A.A. regulations. I've found it to be very helpful in other areas of endeavor as well. "Sticky side down!"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin