Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,695   Online: 755

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

value of a certain lens

hi all, i have this lens that is sort of rare i suppose or thats what i heard anyway. its a 53mm Super Angulon f4, a friend and i were going to do some trading on some camera gear that he has, we would both like to know the approx value of this lens, i have heard that its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, but i would like to know what other forum members would be willing to pay, say a 53mm sa in a compur shutter all shutter speeds sound up to par glass is very good. we would like an approx value so we will know how to trade, not much info on the 53 SA. he says that he feels its worth more than what i think, anyway your opinion is much appreciated. thanks in advance.
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure how rare they are but I saw one on Ebay (UK) a day or so ago, see what it sell for. It's not a good time for sellers at the moment it really is a buyers market with lenses sometimes selling for far less than usual.

There's a lot of info on the 53mm SA if you do a Google search and the spec sheet details are on the Schneider sites also some Linhof sales literature is on Cameraeccentric, there's 2 brochures of Linhof Zeiss lenses but I'm not sure about the Schneiders but have a look.

The 53mm only covers6x9 so interest might be lower.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks Ian, yes my friend is wanting it for 6x9, thanks for the info
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It was Schneider's direct competition for the 53mm Zeiss Biogon of the time. It has essentially all the same Biogon-like features both loved and hated by many... big/heavy... extremely even illumination... small coverage compared to size... sharp even wide open... less distortion than most W/A's, etc. Just try to pry a 38mm Biogon out of a Hasselblad owner's hands. It's not likely to happen.

You SURE you want to sell it??

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin