Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,753   Online: 1131

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look for light leaks and the general condition of the bellows. I sold my 1964 CG with Ektar lens a couple of years ago when I had to fund a scanner. Not so sure that was such a good idea. It ended up going to somebody in Italy.

$325 is a bit high, unless it's a later model (top RF) and it has been recently CLA'd. But the reality is, the price is only slightly high since you mentioned 15 holders.

I kept all my holders and I'm probably going to pick up a Zero-Image 4x5 system.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I did not buy it. Rails were good. Lens was clean. Bellows was in good condition. Rangefinder was on the side. Had lots of extras. I just felt I did not know enough to make a good judgment and was uncertain about the learning curve relative to the expense. There are cheaper ones on Ebay.
    "I, in humility, am willing to learn, when you, in humility, are ready to teach." Rusty Tripod

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    Seems a bit steep depending on what else it comes with - what lens(es) and what backs (and does it have a Graflok back)? I just sold a really nice, really clean later model Crown with a 135mm Optar on ebay for far less than that.

Dan
    Two EX (not the top level by a couple levels) condition body-only Crown Graphics are avail on KEH right now for $310 and $379. It's very hard to find bargains on these things right now. I have been looking for some time for the right condition/price point on KEH just to have one of these to mess around with.

(The only thing I bought off the 'bay that said it was LIKE NEW, wasn't, so now I don't mess with that.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up what was advertised as a "fair" pre-Anny Speed for about $100. After cleaning it up and applying some lube to the FP shutter, it has turned out to be a surprisingly good camera. The bellows is light-tight, the focus rails are in good shape, the range finder is fairly accurate. Keep looking, there are some good ones out there. Mine may not be a cosmetic beauty, but it is in good shape and quite functional.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both a Pacemaker Speed Graphic and an Anniversary Speed Graphic in 3 1/4 x 4 1/4. Yes I got this format on purpose and I just cut 8x10 sheet film down to size. I kind of like the models with the Kalart side rangefinder. Sometimes the top rangefinders on the later models have a missing/wrong cam in the rangefinder that causes problems but you can almost always get a Kalart to work. In my opinion, the build quality of Anniversary cameras is usually slightly better than Pacemakers. I just had the Graphex front shutter from my Pacemaker worked on: cost $118. Prices for decent wide angle or telephoto lenses can be as much as a complete camera. Getting film holders or flash accessories in a complete outfit is definitely worth paying extra.

Probably the biggest danger in getting a Graphic is that you cannot stop with just one. I own eight of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably the biggest danger in getting a Graphic is that you cannot stop with just one.
    Yup, once you get started its hard to stop!
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A well-described, excellent or better condition side-Kalart Crown Graphic with a Graflok back, a good clean Xenar and the accessories you described might readily be resold for that same $325 on eBay most any day of the week. The side-Kalarts are typically more desirable as they can be adjusted to any one lens, but as others have mentioned already, the top RFs require swapping out a cam which may prove unavailable.

Might want to also look at the Super Graphic. It's got some refinements, most notably the rotating back and more front standard moves.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Personally, I think $325 for such a kit is not a bad price, particularly when it comes with the manuals, etc. The days of cheap Crown Graphics are numbered as many are falling apart from old age, and the clean ones are being picked up by enthusiasts and collectors. Here in Japan I can't find a Crown Graphic in any condition for less than $400, and clean ones are priced as high as $1000.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    I. I just had the Graphex front shutter from my Pacemaker worked on: cost $118.

Probably the biggest danger in getting a Graphic is that you cannot stop with just one. I own eight of them.
    I have a few bad Graphex shutters in need of help - who did you send them to? (I'm on Flutot's waiting list but I wasn't going to waste my limit of two shutters on one of those)

Only eight?

They breed like rabbits. My list (anyone care to take some of these things off my hands?):

4x5:
    Pacemaker Speed
    Pacemaker Crown
    Pacemaker Crown
    Pacemaker Crown (top RF)
    Pacemaker Speed (military)
    Combat Graphic
    Anniversary Graphic (military)
    Anniversary Graphic)
    RB Series D
    Graphic View II

3x4:
    Anniversary Graphic
    RB Series D

2x3:
    Pacemaker Speed
    Pacemaker Crown
    Century (Red bellows)
    Century
    Century
    Century

3 1/4 x 5 1/2:
    Speed Graphic

5x7?
    RB Cycle Graphic (from a Cirkut #6)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fotoguy20d,

Carol Miller at Flutot's repaired my shutter. She did CLA and replaced the synchronizer parts in the shutter as the 'M' synch was not working. I should get it back this week. I can't wait to try it out with some flashbulbs.
    Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin