Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,991   Online: 856

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    According to Calumet, and I believe them, the current Caltars are the same glass as the normal Rodenstocks. They buy a quantity every year and have them made with their brand. The 6.8 is an excellent lens, as is the similar Schneider, sold as the "Classic." Unless you must have the extra speed, it is the best buy in a new 90mm. I have not owned one. I did have the Schneider 90mm f6.8, and now have the Rodenstock 90mm f 4.5. They both give first rate results. The 4.5 and 5.6 are a little heavy for traveling, so in most cases I would suggest the 6.8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And, don't overlook the Ilex-Calumet Wide Field Caltar. An excellent and undervalued lens with a little more coverage than the Super Angulon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by outwest View Post

And, don't overlook the Ilex-Calumet Wide Field Caltar. An excellent and undervalued lens with a little more coverage than the Super Angulon.

Good morning, OutWest;

Is it the 90mm f:8 ILEX-CALUMET WIDE FIELD CALTAR MADE IN U.S.A. that you are referring to? Possibly in a SEIKOSHA-SLV shutter?
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's the one. A modern improved Super Angulon design by Ilex. Maybe Lynn Jones will chime in here on its virtues. I guess I should say that mine lives with the 5x7; the Super Angulon is in the 4x5 kit.
    Last edited by outwest; 11-03-2009 at 05:19 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin