Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,799   Posts: 1,671,639   Online: 729

Shooter
    4x5 Format

8x10 film holder

I've got a couple wooden film holders that are in good shape other than the hinge. I need to replace the leather with something other than the electrical tape that's there now. I tried Micro Mark for new leather but all they have is what you would cover a camera with which is too thick. Does anybody know where I can get something that will work,..other than electrical tape?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ron3865 View Post
    I've got a couple wooden film holders that are in good shape other than the hinge. I need to replace the leather with something other than the electrical tape that's there now. I tried Micro Mark for new leather but all they have is what you would cover a camera with which is too thick. Does anybody know where I can get something that will work,..other than electrical tape?
    You might try bookbinder's tape.It is strong and flexible.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Black cloth tape. One post I read a guy used black hockey tape... tough as nails and very pliable.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Black cloth tape. One post I read a guy used black hockey tape... tough as nails and very pliable.
    Never even knew there was such a thing and now I'm off to the sporting goods store to buy some! Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep, I use black hockey tape, it works well. Hockey tape is the photographer's version of duct tape, it's the stuff everybody should have in their bag Good for quick bellows repair also.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I used gaffer tape. Worked well, if a little thick.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin