Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,553   Online: 1195

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When there's a will, there's a way--

11.5" Verito on a Wista Technika-type board mounted by rear threads via a custom S.K. Grimes two-ring fastener.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have no doubt I can get my 300mm APO-Symmar onto one of their 4x5 cameras. I just don't know which board they designed this camera to use, the one with the hole centered on the board? The one with the hole centered in the baffle ring? The one with the hole lower than the center of the baffle ring? That is my confusion since I don't have the camera yet, and can't see one in person.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Supposedly for the Scheinder there is a spacer that moves the shutter away from the lensboard. I tried looking for one but it was far easier to just use the bigger board. Without it the whole thing wouldn't fit the camera. I guess it could have been front mount on the board like my old Fuji-L is .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I posted, the Linhof style boards that Shen-Hao makes and sells have an off-center hole. If you look at the Badger graphics site you can see the 4x5 cameras with these boards in place (and the low hole). Also, here is a picture of the 3 boards Shen-Hao makes. Even the #3 has an off center hole.
    https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/...t_detail&p=131

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I have no doubt I can get my 300mm APO-Symmar onto one of their 4x5 cameras. I just don't know which board they designed this camera to use, the one with the hole centered on the board? The one with the hole centered in the baffle ring? The one with the hole lower than the center of the baffle ring? That is my confusion since I don't have the camera yet, and can't see one in person.
    As all the boards are identical it makes no difference. You can drill the hole where you want, or buy centered or offset.

What you really mean is what lenses should be off-set on the camera. At the moment that's not an issue as your 10x8 should have more than enough rise & fall anyway, to more than compensate, and a 300mm tends not to need being offset (lower) on a Linhof style board.

Lenses like 135/150 perhaps 180mm tend to be offset when the standard has little or no fall but olenty of rise, as this allows easier use of front tilt, shorter lenses than these need far less rise/fall/tilt anyway to achieve quite significant movements.

So for your adaptor just assume offset.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I appreciate everyone's help. I know I keep asking the same thing. The reason is price. There is a seller on ebay offering boards at $50 for a set of three vs. $35 each for the Shen-Hao brand from Badger Graphics. They will drill the hole wherever I need it, I just don't know where that is since I don't have the camera.

Nick, I am not getting an 8x10 camera, I am looking at getting the 4x5 which does not use the larger board. My Kodak Master 8x10 uses larger boards and I will have to make my own adapter for it to use the smaller boards on the larger camera.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH used to have boards for less then that. Used boards have never been an issue for me. Just check the hole size. Various brands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Again, check out the 4x5 cameras on the Badger site. The front axis tilt lines up with the lens in a lower position. The 'rise-fall' scale also is zeroed to a low hole in the lens board.
    I'd show them the pictures of the Shen-Hao boards and say 'duplicate that.'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin