Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,888   Online: 959

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Shen Hao/Linhof boards

I am thinking of changing my camera from a Graphic to a Shen Hao, and I have a question about the lens boards. Are they flat on the back? Or do they have a lip or recess? I need to know because I will have to make an adapter board to my Kodak Master 8x10.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    the shen hao boards are chinese copies of linhof lensboards.
    So they have a higher ring on the back around the hole.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Is that ring centered or off-set?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slightly off centre, but you're best to get hold of one to match te adaptor to.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ian, is this off center ring on generic boards as well? Or just the Linhof brand? Looking at Badger Graphic, they have Shen Hao brand boards with the hole both off center or centered. If the hole were centered, wouldn't it impact this ring on a Copal 3 hole?

And does anyone know if the Shen Hao is meant to have the lens on a centered board or an off center board?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which Shen? The bigger ones used to come with adapters to Sinar boards. For lenses in a 3 it can be better to mount it on the Sinar board.

I use Nikon,Shen,no name and real Linhof boards. They all work.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I am looking at the 4x5 cameras.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The ring that forms the light trap is always off-center, but the hole may or may not be off-center, depending on the camera, intended use, and any issues having to do with the physical size of the lens. On a Linhof, for instance, the hole should generally be below center, but with a large rear cell or a large shutter, it may not fit the camera that way, so the hole may be positioned higher in such cases.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greg, I have Linhof, Wista, Toyo & Chinese boards about 11 or 12, mine are all identical in fit, I checked them last year.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ian, do you use them on a Linhof or a Shen Hao? I know the Linhof is designed to be used with the hole lower than center, but is the Shen Hao? This will determine which board I get. Knowing that there is a ring on the back to act as a baffle lets me design an adapter board that is easy to build, and I can either center the hole or not for that baffle depending on whether the lens is centered or not. The question remains, though, as to whether the Shen Hao cameras are designed to have the lens centered on the board in zero position, or slightly lower like the Linhof.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin