Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,054   Online: 940

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do 6x9 cm cut sheet filmholders exist that fit a regular (linhof technica 4x5) large format camera ?
    thx, Marc

Marc, Yes they do. I dont know if they are still being made but you should be able to find them used. I have some old 21/4x31/4 Graflex holders. Good luck, Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've seen 6x9 filmholders and even 6x9 Grafmatics, but not that fit a 4x5" camera. You would need some sort of adapter back for that. Better just to shoot 4x5" and crop or use a 6x9 rollfilm back, in my opinion.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can use a 4x5 dark slide, cut in half and inverted for each shot, and just crop when you print. If you have a 4x5 camera, enlarger, and film holder, you have what you need to shoot and print.

mark - they are for the tk23, but i dont know if there will be problem using them with the mt45 , im not femiliar enough with master. any way, there is only one film in this format - the hp5+ (u can find it in b&h in ny) , which any way one of my fave films..lol.
    u also can call the b&h and ask them because they do have the linhofs.

but then - u know, why should u, cause u have much better choice of film in the 4x5. if u want the 2/3 proportion u can crop - say 8x12 instead of 9x12.
    what u also can have for the master is the slide-roll-film-holder from linhof, it is less expenssive as well than the roll-holder, which u dont need if u focus and work on the groundglass.
    victor

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Better just...use a 6x9 rollfilm back, in my opinion.
    I have the Calumet 6x9 roll film adapter for 4x5. It has a very thin profile and would fit the film back of any 4x5 camera. They show up on Fee-bay daily.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Watch out - 6x9 is not the same as 21/4x31/4. My Linhof 2x3 holders are for 6.5x9cm, with special inserts to hold the inch sized film.

I've never heard of a 6x9 sheet film holder for 4x5. The only holders I've seen are for 2x3, and these seem to vary according to which camera they were made for. For example, I have a no name 6x9 holder that is completely wrong for my Linhof, but (I believe) fits a Mamiya 23.
    Heat or light; it depends on your sensitivity.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Knowing Linhof, there is probably a 2x3 back for your Technica 4x5.
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin