Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,605   Online: 1268

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very strange, I shoot with my 90mm and no problems at all, in fact I was using my Graphic with my 90mm Angulon again last week.

This is one I took this spring at Nyssa of the Roman Stadiun, with the Angulon, the print is the whole negative with no cropping:

Since then I've also used my 75mm SA again with no drop bed, and again no problems. Has your lens board been drilled off centre ? The board that came with my first Graphic had a Tessar fitted lower than normal on the board, which is great with a 135mm/150mm but might cause a problem with a 90mm.

It could also be be that you have the standard positioned too far back on the trackbed so have to rack out for Infinity focus.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 11-05-2009 at 12:13 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    It could be that I had the rack out. I should be more careful about that. With my angulon there's no need to drop the bed otherwise, since the front standard finishes on the inner rails at infinity. Perhaps my lens is shorter than advertised? I don't have any scans. Oh well.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the 90mm Angulons will be quite similar, I don't have Infinity stops on my Crown Graphic and just line the standard up against the rear bit between the 2 rails for the 90mm Angulon and that works fine.

Ideally I should fit Infinity stops I have a pair witha Speed Graphic in the UK, I had thought of using just one for the 90mm & the other a 135mm or 150mm. I can't decide whether to use a modern 2000+ f5.6 Xenar, an f4.5 T-coated 50's CZJ Tessar or a MC Symmar S (Caltar) 135mm. I think it'll be the Tessar as it matches the Rangefinder and it's bitingly sharp at f16 onwards.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin