Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,472   Posts: 1,597,516   Online: 1222

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Weird...

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Is It Weird...

... to be as excited about building a system for my brother as it is to build one for myself? I just bought a tele lens for the kit I'm assembling for my brother and it feels every bit as nice as buying a lens for myself. Mind you, I'm not a wealthy guy... never have been. In fact and as always, I'm having some very serious financial issues myself and am having to cut back on my own kit so I can build his. I suppose the fact that economic situations have reversed for us somewhat makes a difference. At any rate, I'm finding myself in unfamiliar territory.

Sorry... I should have posted this in the Lounge Area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1. Not weird. It is nice to hear that you have a good relationship with your brother.

2. Yes, probably better content for The Lounge... but it might not really matter where it is posted.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Brian,

My relationship with him isn't the best lately but I still love him. He is my brother and recently he needs some diversion to take his mind from his worries.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nope. I talked my friend into buying more graflexes than I own.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    God will bless you greatly for forgoing yourself, to bless another.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds pretty dern normal to me...
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sounds like both you and your brother are lucky

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Not quite as lucky as I'd hoped. The 240mm Tele Arton I bought for him, though nearly perfect in every other way, has separation in the rear cell group. I wish Adorama had mentioned that in their description of the lens. I'm sending it back and will continue my search.

BTW, anyone have a nice 65mm Angulon or SA they want to sell? Or a 240-ish tele? I'm missing the longest/shortest lenses for his kit. Actually, I have a TT&H Cooke 65mm but the sale of that lens will buy him both of the others. I'm not exactly in the best financial situation myself at the moment and, although I want him to have a nice kit, I can't afford to go overboard on one lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nice. I'd be doing the same if my brothers were interested in photo too, but all they're interested in is girls and swimming and football. I'm the oldest of 4 kids(two younger brothers and a younger sister).

but its alright. I'll have to keep Kodak in busineez by myself .

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Not quite as lucky as I'd hoped. The 240mm Tele Arton I bought for him, though nearly perfect in every other way, has separation in the rear cell group. I wish Adorama had mentioned that in their description of the lens. I'm sending it back and will continue my search.

BTW, anyone have a nice 65mm Angulon or SA they want to sell? Or a 240-ish tele? I'm missing the longest/shortest lenses for his kit. Actually, I have a TT&H Cooke 65mm but the sale of that lens will buy him both of the others. I'm not exactly in the best financial situation myself at the moment and, although I want him to have a nice kit, I can't afford to go overboard on one lens.
    If he hasn't done LF before, he doesn't need a three lens set up. Two is overboard. If he has done LF before, he should have his own kit already or he is probably not interested enough.
    I would give hime the body with what ever normal lens you have and a couple of film holders, a Luna Pro, and let him prove himself with that. Remember, things given to you are no where near as precious as things you got yerself.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin