Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,875   Online: 872

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spanner Wrench

Shooter
    Multi Format

Spanner Wrench

I've been looking at buying a spanner wrench. I have seen two sizes on Ebay: 1/32" tips and 3/32" tips.

Would I be correct in buying the 3/32" tips?

Thanks,
    Bryan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It depends on what you are using it on. Have you seen the sets from Micro-tools.com?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1/32 is not far off just a pair of points. 3/32 is more like a pair of very short screwdriver heads. Depending on what you want it for, the latter is probably more generally useful.
    Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I bought a set on ebay - it's not great - a little difficult to get the spacing set perfectly and sometimes they try to twist up a bit if the nut is really tight, but it's beter than not having them. I usually use the larger one and the sharp tip one. I rarely need the one in the middle. And, like most Chinese tools (ever shop at Harbor Freight?), they come heavily slathered in oil.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    I bought a set on ebay - it's not great - a little difficult to get the spacing set perfectly and sometimes they try to twist up a bit if the nut is really tight, but it's beter than not having them. I usually use the larger one and the sharp tip one. I rarely need the one in the middle. And, like most Chinese tools (ever shop at Harbor Freight?), they come heavily slathered in oil.

Dan
    Well, better than rusty!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I bought the same (I thing the middle one) for my large format lenses.
    Good enough for the 2 times a year i need it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like my set from Micro-tool. However, the one I have is not long enough to reach the lens from the inside of my TLR Autocord. So, beware of spanner length dimension too if you expect to work on TLR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I purchased a Fotoman spanner wrench. The tips measure in at 2mm or 5/64". They've worked great for LF lenses and folders. Probably not good for TLRs or anything deeper than 40mm (1 9/16").

Marc

I bought a wrench some years back from Edmund Scientific that has three sets of interchangeable points. Sharp, small, medium.
    Handles are very heavy-duty and of good steel.
    Peter Gomena

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    For an adjustable wrench, the Chinese ones are terrible. For the same price as that set on eBay you can get a really good one from SK Grimes. If you use standard modern Copal shutters, Rodenstock/Linos lens wrenches are excellent.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin