Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,824   Posts: 1,581,960   Online: 927

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Perry, I have three 135mm lenses for sale... Birnbaum-Hirschberg f/6.3, Xenar f/4.7, and an Optar f/4.7. Which one are you interested in? I'll measure as closely as I can the distance of the rear glass to the focus plane at infinity for each one tomorrow.
    Oh Mike, I didn't know you had three. I have the Xenar in my watchlist, and have for quite some time. Were the others lenses with some flaws? I think I'm going to have to go back and find all your listings and have a look/see.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Nice price on the Xenar! I've seen several go for cheep on eBay recently but they all had problems of some kind. With your price reduction, its looking really good to me now! Yeah, I think I'm only interested in the Xenar. If you could measure that one I think that would give me a clue. Thanks!
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yeah, I'm pricing everything really low. I need to pay some bills and I really want to find a 4x10 or 5x12 that I can afford. I just remembered that the Schneider website has vintage lens data.

Here's the 135mm f/4.7 Xenar... http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/...4,7-135mm.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    90 F8 GERONAR-WA has a flange flocal distance less than some others , but it is still only gets you a centimeter or so advantage.
    I'd go with a small 135mm and be happy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Perry, I just measured the infinity focal distance from the flange seat (back of the shutter). Schneider's specs are right on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    By the way Perry, can you invert your front standard? On some camera designs that works.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Which Schneider 90mm lens do you have? I think you get a little more flange-film distance with the 90/8 Super-Angulon than with the 90/6.8 Angulon. The more modern fast ultrawide designs from Schneider and Rodenstock (90/4.5) are slightly retrofocus, so they give even more room, but they are very expensive.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Given the limitations of the Korona (no bag bellows, no recessed board), a 135 would be a good choice. There is no "one size fits all" camera. Each has its limitations. If you want a very short focal length lens, it is very unlikely it will be useable on that camera.

On the other hand, if it really is a 5x7 camera, you might want to think along those lines too for a bit of versatility. A 135mm on a 5x7 camera is a fairly short lens. Also, 5x7 negs make beautiful contact prints.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Perry, I just measured the infinity focal distance from the flange seat (back of the shutter). Schneider's specs are right on.
    Great, but.. what was the distance measurement?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin