Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,592   Online: 981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 210 F9 G-CLARON

Shooter
    Large Format
    Brian,

While I don't have the G Claron. I really like the 210 Dagor that I use on 8X10. That focal length works very nicely in my experience. Good luck to you with your lens. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the G Clarons don't suffer nearly as much from diffraction issues as other lenses. Some years ago, as I recall, they even advocated stopping them down to below F32 for maximum sharpness. I think that is what Lee is alluding to as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Repro-Claron 210mm f9

I know I'm a bit late joining in here, but am wondering whether the older Repro-Claron 210mm f9 would have the same coverage as the newer G-Claron? I am looking into moving up to 8x10 and already have this older lens. Any insight will be greatly apreciated.

Cheers, Collin

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Still a lens I use on 8X10 even though I've got the hot rod Computar, I still like my G-Claron. Used it today up in the Aspens above Mono lake. 8X10 'dorff. I'll post some of the work on the gallery AS SOON AS I PRINT IN THE DARKROOM FIRST JORGE :>)) No more quick and dirty scans. jg

Images
    If the 210 G-Claron were a woman, I'd marry that girl...

I am totally in love with mine. I use it on 4x5 and 8x10 all the time. I loved it so much, I bought her a couple friends (150mm and a 305mm)
    hi!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have the G Claron 210. I used it a lot. My contact prints are as sharp as they get. With 8x10 you get enough coverage at f22 and more if you step further down. If you use tilt, check and double check the corners. I got a little bit tired of vignetting the corners. I decided to switch it for the G-Claron 240mm. which I am actually using.
    There is something very nice about G-Clarons. I don't know how to put it, the word luminosity comes to mind. When I compare it with my Fuji 450mm. it seems evident that they differ on how they render shadows. More luminosity and detail in the G-Claron.
    Another thing of beauty with the G-Clarons becomes very evident when you start getting close to things. You thought that lens was sharp but when you get closer it is so sharp you better wear eye protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin