Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,227   Online: 901

Shooter
    Multi Format

Now I've done it - Part Deux

As with a previous post along similar lines. I saw a 6X4.5 120 roll film holder on eBay. I didn't really expect to win the bid especially at such a low price considering what these puppies sell for new but I did. Being the good ebay'er that I am, I completed the transaction.

It arrived today. An RZ67 Pro II 6X4.5 120 Roll Film holder HA704 NIB.

OK - being the newbie that I am, I don't know much about this stuff. Is it possible to use this film holder on a LF camera such as the Chamonix?

This adds to my MF vs LF aquisition dilemma. Who knows maybe I can shoot both formats.

Now if I can just find a sweet deal on a RZ67 PRO II ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, I doubt an adapter exists to mount an RZ67 back on any other camera. The RB67, however, uses the graflok(?) back and can be used on a lot of different cameras.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    As with a previous post along similar lines.
    It arrived today. An RZ67 Pro II 6X4.5 120 Roll Film holder HA704 NIB.

OK - being the newbie that I am, I don't know much about this stuff. Is it possible to use this film holder on a LF camera such as the Chamonix?

In a word, nope you can't use it. The RZ holders wont work on any 4x5 camera without have a very expensive adapter made. Sadly, that adapter would cost alot more than the back is worth. You would be better off buying a Horseman or Calumet back for the camera if you want to shoot roll film

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    This adds to my MF vs LF aquisition dilemma. Who knows maybe I can shoot both formats.

Now if I can just find a sweet deal on a RZ67 PRO II ...
    GO FOR IT! Practice makes perfect. Given enough bidding and buying you'll greatly improve your judgement and skills!

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fortunately, RZ or RB 67's are one of the best buys in medium format these days. You might like it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There was an RB adapter made by a Chinese company called shelro that allowed you to put the RB backs on various LF cameras. Maybe they made an RZ adapter as well, because some people wanted to use a 645 digiback on a 4x5 or such. But yeah, not worth it.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    GO FOR IT! Practice makes perfect. Given enough bidding and buying you'll greatly improve your judgement and skills!

Funny thing was the opening bid was for $59 and there was maybe a few hours left on the auction and no one had bid. It was just a whim on my part.

I reasoned that if I eventually were to find a RZ body in excellent to mint condition with a waist or AE finder and perhaps a 90-110 lens, having a brand new 120 back already would be a plus.

I think theres a RZ in my future.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin