Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,160   Online: 816

Shooter
    35mm

Overead projector lens for LF/ULF?

I just got two 8x10 film holders and I'm looking to make a simple box camera. This means I need a cheap lens. I've been looking on Surplus Shed for cheap lenses but there's always the question of whether they cover a 8x10 or larger sheet of film.

Overhead projector lenses seem like they would work for large- and ultra-large format lenses because they cover a sheet of paper. Has anyone ever tried one?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old OHP, but never considered using it for a camera. The lens is not configured in a barrel, its in a box with a mirror set at 45deg. If you are interested, I have an 18"x24" process camera I'm about to part out--bellows, Goerz lens, ground glass, vacuum back, and lots of other schtuff.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    I never really looked at the configuration of an OHP. I figured it was a lens aiming down at the paper, and a mirror situated above the lens. It might be unharvestable. Although I guess one could use the whole assembly and point the camera 90* away from the subject.

Let me know when you want to get rid of that lens.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I never really looked at the configuration of an OHP. I figured it was a lens aiming down at the paper, and a mirror situated above the lens. It might be unharvestable. Although I guess one could use the whole assembly and point the camera 90* away from the subject.

Let me know when you want to get rid of that lens.
    The lens is FREE-- all you have to do is come and pick up the whole shebang from my basement--and take it apart yourself.

Rick

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin