Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,085   Online: 997

Shooter
    8x10 Format

I've done it again.

I broke the shaft for the front focussing rail while out photographing in the Otways rainforest a month and a half ago. I had to pull my Tachihara 8x10 triple extension apart to get to the broken piece. Fortunately my partner's brother was able to fix it and he sent it back to me a week ago. On Saturday, I started putting it back together, but I managed to break the shaft that moves the rear standard forwards for wide angle work.
    I feel like a real klutz at the moment, but I'm hoping that I can get it fixed by one of the metalwork teacher's at the Institution I work at, before I leave for Alice Springs.
    I was going to put the camera together, try out the Efke 25 that I had bought, and then proces and print today, but it didn't happen.
    That's my bitch for the day.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bloody hell Mike, what you doing..... Can you get it fixed in time? Ive got a 8x10 pinhole camera you can use, no moving parts to break.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Shane,
    I 've given the part to one of the guys at the Gordon and He reckons he can fix it in about a week. I've promised him a bottle of scotch for doing it for me.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno View Post
    Thanks Shane,
    I 've given the part to one of the guys at the Gordon and He reckons he can fix it in about a week. I've promised him a bottle of scotch for doing it for me.
    Mike
    You pay well. Good luck with getting it fixed.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just make sure you don't give him a deposit before the work is done if you're paying in scotch. It might come out a bit funny if you do.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It's OK. This guys as jober as a sudge.
    Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Just to let everyone know that my mate Steve has managed to fix the broken part. We put it in place and the camera is now back together. Just in time for me to go to Alice Springs. Now I can try out the Efke film.
    I'll be back on line about the 11th of January.
    cheers
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic, say hello to Alice when you get there!

Mick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin