Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,555   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Many of the international carriers (but not all) limit the weight of carry-on's as I found out on a trip to London recently. It seemed to me that if they thought it might be too heavy (based on size) they would force you to weigh your carry-on. I forget what the limit was on Virgin Atlantic. You should call to see exactly how they decide if something is OK to carry-on. It varies with each airline. I would check the tripod anyway. You can only have 2 carry-on's anyway. I would worry about your camera pack exceeding the limit and there is not much you can do once you are checking in. This is not a TSA or security issue, it's an airline policy issue.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    And you didn't ask, but I would take a spare ground glass and black opaque gaffer tape.

DAMHIKT

John

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jarosz View Post
    And you didn't ask, but I would take a spare ground glass and black opaque gaffer tape.

DAMHIKT

John
    Got it covered ,thank you!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing to add except that I'm excited to see the work you bring back. Please post images! Good luck. Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Weight would be more of an issue I'd think. Travelling to New Zealand, you're limited to either 7 kg (15 lbs) or 7 lbs, can't remember which and they will make you check it if over the weight restriction, no arguments or no flight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin