Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,647   Online: 969

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mounting a 7-1/2" Kodak-Anastigmat No. 33

So I have this neat old barrel lens, a 7-1/2" f/4.5 Kodak-Anastigmat No. 33. There's a fair amount of information to be found on the No. 33 lens; it's a Tessar type and seems to have been one of Kodak's staple lenses in its day, so I have reasonably high hopes for it as a user.

But I need a mounting flange. I've measured it with calipers, and it seems to be very close to a 2.5" diameter, 30 threads per inch. In other words, it looks like it might be the same as the standard 2.495x30 mounting of an Ilex No. 4 shutter. The flange for which conveniently is a stock item at SK Grimes.

Before I drop the money on a flange that may not fit, can anyone confirm or deny that this lens will mount in place of an Ilex 4?

Thanks

-NT
    Last edited by ntenny; 12-11-2009 at 09:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used hot glue on mine:-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Before I drop the money on a flange that may not fit, can anyone confirm or deny that this lens will mount in place of an Ilex 4?
    I'll bet someone at SK Grimes can answer that question.

But hot glue is a lot cheaper!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, a helpful APUGger stopped by today with the correct flange and some interesting toys to show off, so I'm set. You know who you are; thank you!

If I ever acquire a lens in an Ilex No. 4, I'll check the flange to see whether the fit really is the same.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The No 33 is a wonderful lens. Mine is screwed into a piece of masonite and I have a betax shutter that fits on the front via an aluminum tube that slides over the front of the lens. I bought it that way on ebay and I love it for portraits on 4x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin