Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,149   Online: 888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The speed graphic might be able to take the 75mm, basically the same idea as the Busch. I use one with my Aero Ektar (not a small lens, f2.5) and it works great, plus you can play with all kinds of barrel lenses if the focal plane shutter is working. Lens-boards are cheep and plentiful.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I know you have all been waiting with bated (or is it baited?) breath, wondering did he buy it or not.

Alas, the camera will not fit my needs. The opening for the lens board could not be altered to accommodate the rear element of my 75mm. The camera was designed for older lenses and I don't know of a bright, good quality older lens short enough for my needs. Nor could I justify the purchase of a lens, when for the price of a decent lens I could get a press or field camera that would fit my lenses and my needs.

I did take a look at a Graphic (a crown I believe) it was not nearly as compact, but otherwise seemed comparable.

The Busch Pressman is a fine camera though, other than weight (it is a bit heavy for hand held shooting), I can see why there is such a following for cameras of this kind.

Thank you for your help.

By the by, during a search on google "busch pressman" this thread came up on the first page. Not too shabby.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    And that is why I got rid of mine - I couldn't put the good lenses in it and I was too unhappy with the Wollensak lenses that would fit it. I figured I could make a higher quality image with a good MF camera than with that one. Of course - if I can get away with it, the Tachihara 4x5 packs very small and light and fits all my good lenses! - Anyway - the Busch can be had on e-bay for $100.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I guess I haven't looked at the price of one of these in a while. They've really gotten cheap.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin