Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,794   Online: 784

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    first digital legs... you know a DSLR is in your future Sean :P
    hi!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Francesco,
    I bought a used baby jogger on e-bay and carry all my 11x14 gear in that. I have an old suitcase that holds camera, 4 lenses, 3 holders, extension rail, dark cloth, and paraphernalia. I strap the suitcase to the jogger and away I wheel. It has large wheels, so it goes over most terrain. I have not "backpacked" with it up any mountain trails, but it performs well on paths that are not too beaten. Mine has three equal sized wheels and a front brake with a hands-free feature.
    I am accorded the same respect as mothers, who here in the States rank up there with baseball and apple pie. I'm sure the burghers of Stockholm will be happy to cut you the same slack.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Here's a link to a Canadian company that makes packs: http://www.ostrompacks.com I have one of their canoe packs and it is very well made and has an excellent internal frame and suspension system. Their catalogue offers custom designs for cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    your best bet would probably be a nice hiking-camping bag from big companies like Vaude, North Face, etc.
    70 or 80 litre ones should suit your needs.
    good luck!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link Phil and thanks Deniz for the volume suggestion. I was looking at the Ostrom site and the Ouimet Ultra sounds just perfect. Has anyone used one or seen one? I was wondering how customisable is the internal dividers. What I am interested in knowing is how easy would it be to slot in a 12x20 in there? Lenses and the rest are easy enough to place but a really smooth way to dump the camera (and fast in case the rain falls unexpectedly) would be a major plus.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    I do not know if this would work but what abouthte lowepro super trekker. I have one of these and I carry a ton of gear and it is very comfortable.

Kev

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin