Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,817   Online: 760

Shooter
    Medium Format

MPP MK VIII Loose Front standard

Hi All

First off I hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays

I just got my hands on an 4x5 MPP MK VIII and I am very impressed, it it make a perfect stablemate for my Busch Pressman D. My problem is the front standard is loose were the cross slide meets the carriage. I can see the three grub screws that need tightening but need help identifying the right type and size of tool, is it an imperial size Allen key?

Have a great new year

Brian
    Last edited by Cyclonite; 12-26-2009 at 07:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not familiar with it. Should be I suppose but it was made in Britain wasn't it? Then most likely Imperial screw size. If it was made outside Britain for the British market, all bets are off.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    MPP was based in London (Kingston upon Thames), and started production long before the metric system was adopted. Most of the threads used will be B.A. standard.

If you need replacement screws, nuts, and bolts, the best place to look for them is a model engineering supplier like Blackgates or Maidstone Engineering.

Looking at my MPP S92, the three screws in question look to be slotted grub screws approx 8B.A. in size.
    Last edited by paul_c5x4; 12-26-2009 at 10:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should be able to find all you need to know here:-

http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin