Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,354   Posts: 1,682,597   Online: 944

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Auckland New Zealand would be great!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Auckland...yes-s-s-s, Precious-s-s-s-s..

Sorry, couldn't resist.

yeah! New Zealand! all we'd have to do is pay airfare; I'm sure Sean will put all 1827 registered APUGers up for a week or so!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi to all,

As a presenter, I thank Steve for including me as part of the program (sorry for the slide projector) I had a great time.All the sessions were great and the trade show what can I say BEATS E-Bay any day. Kirk Gettings has it right every two years may be ok. A few Workshops on the start up side might be a good thing. Lets just take the whole week off. Two/three days of workshops three days of coconferancer on the off year do a workshop series yes thats it coconferancene year workshops the next. Steve don't hit me for that idea. But I like it.

On a diffdifferante, I had fun meeting new people and one in particular I don't know her name but she walked up to me the first day and who are you and what do you do and sat me down and got my life history in photography out of me in 5mins. We talked for lone time. I would keep seeing her from time to time a wave a smile. We talked about our commitment to photography and what we had done. She was even in the front row form my alt process talk. While I was showing some prints she was gone. I want to see how she felt about the work. And what we talked about earlier. But no. I was hopping to say good bye but did no see her. She sounds like some one really dedicated to photography I hope that she might come to the workshop that I am doing for UCSC in November.

Ok lets change topics again Steve, thanks again to of you that came THANK YOU for commincommingor Aggie if you came I would have liked to have met you.

To All
    All the best
    xoxJanxoxo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Careful Jan, I have a rep to uphold, and I did manage to get a few stories all about you while perched on your knee. Oh BTW, sorry for breaking your knee. You can always share one of Michaels crutches.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    If the conference is this time next year, I'd suggest a southeastern city (weather can be miserable up north). Charleston, Savanah, Jacksonville (plenty of available hotel rooms after their Super Bowl binge), Miami or Tampa. All are in close proximity to scenic, wildlife habitats (ocean, marsh, swamp).
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ""If the conference is this time next year""

This is conference is advertised as a beinnal event so the earliest it would take place is in 2 years as I understand the meaning of beinnal.

lee\c

So far it has been an every other year affair. However, there is a lot of encouragement to do one next year.

steve simmons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, know this is separate event from the PhotoArts Santa Fe, which is a beinnal event, which if memory serves me, you are quite active in - Right?

Maybe keep the LF conference there and then alternate coast on the off years, since next year is a PhotoArts Santa Fe year, then the next LF conference would be in 2006. Just a thought, I could make a trip to Santa Fe, not the others locations at this time. Maybe there IS sufficient interest for an annual conference, plus the PhotoArts.

Just some thoughts, since you asked.

Thanks for everything and good luck which ever way you decide to go..
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Seriously, you couldn't go wrong with Baltimore-

right in the middle of the NYC/Phila/NJ/DC/VA corridor, with none of the NYC hassles, and much less pricy than DC.

Plent of convention space, and the Harbour and Ft. McHenry, Fells Point districts have major American History and photo value for those who would want to explore away from the convention.

I hope you will consider it.
    Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin