Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,666   Online: 793

Shooter
    Medium Format

Coverage of Goertz Apochromat Artar

I have a Goerz 19 inch f 11 lens, which I never use, but have no idea of the coverage. It is not a red dot, meaning it is pre 1950's (red dots came out then, I think).

It seems to cover 8x10 with no problems, but I don't know the max coverage.

Any thoughts on that?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use it on my 8x20"...

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by herb View Post
    I have a Goerz 19 inch f 11 lens, which I never use, but have no idea of the coverage. It is not a red dot, meaning it is pre 1950's (red dots came out then, I think).

It seems to cover 8x10 with no problems, but I don't know the max coverage.

Any thoughts on that?
    I get more movements with my 12" Dagor than I can my 19" Artar on the 8x10, but the Dagor is a little mushy at the edges if I use movements. It was made in 1911. The Artar (which is a Red Dot) is more uniformly sharp from edge to edge. It's angle of coverage, BTW, is 46°, with an image circle of 16.1" at f/16. Since it's an early one, the Dagor's angle of coverage should be about 85°.
    Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin