Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,727   Online: 1017

Shooter
    Medium Format

Help me identify this lens.

I received it in a batch of darkroom stuff. It says Astragon 1:4.5 f=180mm. It is mounted on a lens board measuring 5" by about 6 3/4". I have no use for such a lens and have researched it with plans to sell it, looks like it may have been made by Fuji, though I am not sure.

Pictures are attached.. anyone have an idea.. or better yet.. anyone want to buy it?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lens 1.jpg   lens2.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, you already know it's an Astragon. You know the focal length. What else do you need to know? It is a Japanese lens. There is some noise floating out there that says it was made by a smallish lens manufacturer in Japan. They do not have a particular reputation that I've found. I have one, a Commercial Astragon 210mm in a Copal #1 shutter. I got it with a LF camera. I have not used it yet, so can't comment on the quality of even one of them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Made by Yamasaki, I think. They also make the Congo line.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin