Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 685

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have several FSU cameras: a FED2, Salut-S, Kiev 6C, and Pentacon Six.

My LF cameras are not FSU. In 4x5, I have several Speed Graphics and an Orbit monorail. The old press cameras go cheap, especially if they are plain (Pre-Anniversary). The monorail cameras are cheap as they are a pain to lug around. Both will produce marvelous photos.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Burke & James Rembrandts are also quite inexpensive and available. They are a flatbed portrait camera with fixed front standard. You could probably pick up a 5x7 model, perhaps with Packard Shutter included, for about $75-$100 USD. I imagine you could cut and hinge the flatbed easily and end up with a field camera. 5x7 is a nice size for contact printing.

I also think the Calumet c-400 is a great workhorse camera that can be had for $75-125 almost any day on Ebay. With a little modification you can also get the standards off the rail if you wish to throw the thing in a backpack.

Overseas shipping is the thing that will limit you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the other thing about the FKD's and their like is that as i understand it they are metric so if you want film you will either have to locate 13X18 or 18x24cm film (or the 4x5 equivalent) which may not be easy in australia the alternative is to modify the camera back to accept standard 4x5, 5x7 or 8x10 holders and film as i recall there is an article by kievgurl out there some were which details the conversion of an fkd camera to accept standard holders. Ive had a look for it and the authors web pages have gone you might pick it up through the kiev forum at delphi forums

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin